As big technology companies branch into payments and credit services, should they be regulated by local financial authorities?
Should tech companies be regulated by financial authorities?
No: Any financial services they offer are minor ancilliary business
Maybe: If they seek a banking license
Yes: Any company offering credit or payments should be monitored by financial regulators
How to keep your bank secure from the world’s greatest cybercriminals
Thiago Dias, VP Fintech Strategy and Labs, LAC, Mastercard, discusses the challenges and opportunities ahead for LatAm’s fintechs
In pictures: Five Key Insights and One Big Question on Payments & E-Commerce
SURVEY: What is the impact of the novel coronavirus pandemic for LatAm’s digital banking and fintech industry?
Is the growth of big technology companies a threat, or an opportunity, for banks?
Barriers to raising capital
- Cybersecurity, automation, digital channels: Bank tech priorities
- Video: Cybersecurity & Digital Trust
- Coronavirus & LatAm Fintech Survey
- WATCH: 5 blockchain projects redefining finance in Latin America & the Caribbean
- SURVEY: Hurdles to capital raising
- Video: LatAm fintech growth and partnerships