A 1-minute tour of the state of fintech regulation in Latin America
Bank is drawing up plan for commercial deals to access data via APIs
Banco do Brasil is trialing APIs for third party developers
Secondary regulations on APIs and open banking are a priority, says CNBV’s Carlos Orta
Should tech companies be regulated by financial authorities?
No: Any financial services they offer are minor ancilliary business
Maybe: If they seek a banking license
Yes: Any company offering credit or payments should be monitored by financial regulators
- CityWallet looks to Bolivia, Colombia, Mexico for expansion
- Bitt bets on regtech proposal for Caribbean blockchain pilot
- Digital banking in Chile
- Rawdon Adams, Bitt, on blockchain opportunities in the Caribbean
- What will money look like in the future?
- Andrés Vásquez, Bancolombia, on payments, authentication and digital banking in Colombia