Daniel Cohen, head of emerging payments for Latin America and the Caribbean at Mastercard, discusses payments innovations that the company is developing.
Brazil may be first LatAm market for cards company to offer payments over social media, says executive
Should tech companies be regulated by financial authorities?
No: Any financial services they offer are minor ancilliary business
Maybe: If they seek a banking license
Yes: Any company offering credit or payments should be monitored by financial regulators
- MercadoLibre’s narrowing margins show costs of fintech pivot
- What will money look like in the future?
- Smart contracts set to overhaul banking, lift financial inclusion, says Ripio CEO
- Digital banking in Chile
- Blockchain adoption in Brazil: Early days
- Nexoos gets pre-Series A round, preps for banking license