New regulations for debit and credit card transactions in Mexico aim to encourage tech innovation
QR codes and biometric authentication still have a long way to go – both digitally and technologically – says digital bank’s CEO
Brazil may be first LatAm market for cards company to offer payments over social media, says executive
Should tech companies be regulated by financial authorities?
No: Any financial services they offer are minor ancilliary business
Maybe: If they seek a banking license
Yes: Any company offering credit or payments should be monitored by financial regulators
- Latam fintech defined by regulatory advances in 2017, say experts
- Editor’s letter: What makes a successful mobile payments system?
- Startups needed for corporate finance, says Citi exec
- Banxico toughens card issuer rules, encourages innovation
- Ex-BTG Pactual partners build #TheNextBigFin team
- Blockchain adoption in Brazil: Early days